Entry Level Medical Transcription Opening at AST Services, LLC, USA
Current openings include both part-time and full-time independent contractor positions. FULL-TIME POSITIONS - Various shifts available, 6-8 hours to be worked over the weekend, preference for afternoon/evening/late night shifts. PART-TIME POSITIONS - Various shifts available, at least 20 hours/week mainly between Thursday and Monday, preference for afternoon/evening/late night shifts. Hours can be flexible, but reliability and communication will be key in maintaining a good working relationship.
* Graduation from a qualified medical transcription/editing course required OR minimum 2 years medical transcription/editing experience.
* Applicants must possess strong research skills and the ability to understand diverse accents, dialects, and varying dictation styles in order to consistently provide a high-quality finished product to the client.
* Basic knowledge of medical terminology, anatomy and physiology, disease processes, signs and symptoms, medications, and laboratory values; knowledge of specialty (or specialties) as appropriate.
* Knowledge of medical transcription guidelines and practices.
* Excellent skills in English usage, grammar, punctuation, style, and editing.
* Excellent proofreading and listening skills.
* Ability to apply client preferences as related in account specifics.
* Proficiency with word processing software such as Microsoft Word, general computer skills.
* Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
* Ability to understand and apply relevant legal concepts (e.g., confidentiality).
After a short probationary period at 3.5 cpl for voice recognition editing and 6.5 cpl for transcription, pay rate will be 4 cpl for voice recognition editing and 7 cpl for transcription. All lines are paid based on a 65-character line with spaces.
Please copy your resume into an email with the subject line RECRUITING and send to firstname.lastname@example.org for more information and to start the application process. Testing is required or visit http://www.astservicesllc.com/careers